Unanswered: Installation Errors

I keep getting the following error when installing my application on some pcs with Win2K and XP home systems,

"Setup cannot continue because some system files are out of date on your system. Click OK if you would like setup to update these files now. You will need to restart Windows before you can run setup again. Click Cancel to exit setup without updating system files."

I have not been able to determine any differences because I do not have 2 machines in the same area where one works and one does not.

I did checked out Microsofts KB articles and found 3 references to this error and they all talk about updateing the oleaut32.dll to v 2.20.0000.

I have just checked the last system I was working with and I found that is has v 2.40.4514 and the runtime folder on my install has the same file and it installs OK.

But the support folder on my install cd has a newer version of 3.50.5016, the owner of the system I'm working on has read that this version is only for XP machines and does not want to upgrade in on this Win 2k system(current service packs are installed on this system).

Does anyone have any ideas.

My development enviroment.
    Access2K SR1a
    OS is XP PRO Updates should be current.
    I also have Visual Studio .Net installed.

This problem has been reoccuring for about 6 months now, I can't think of any changes that might have caused this.

What are you using to package and deploy? Wise, Installshield, Access ODE?

PackageInfo

I'm using Access2K developer (SR1a)
    Note that I have Visual Studio .Net installed also.
    This may have started after I installed VS.Net, I don't remember the time line that well.

I would seriously recommend using Sagekey Runtime instead of Developer. You will then have better control and I am certain with Sagekeys help you can modify the dll files on the target to suit the operating system.