Unanswered: email configuration - mail profile

Hi,

I want to configure my SQL Server 2000 to send me email using operator if there is any prob in the server.

I installed office 2000 , configure microsoft outlook, I am able to send - receive emails from the account I created. my mail server is up and running fine.

How can I configure my SQL Server 2000 to send me emails.

I am not able to see any profile in support services - SQL Mail .

In control panel if I double-clicked on mail, I can only see Account - SQLMAIL which I created for my email, type (mail (default)), connection - local area network.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Re: email configuration - mail profile

There's another recent thread with a similar (I believe) issue. You need to ensure that when you are setting up your Outlook client that you are logged in as the SQL Agent service account. So, if you SQL Agent service is set up to run under MyDomain\MySQLAgent, you need to login as MyDomain\MySQLAgent and configure Outlook. Then open EM and configure SQL Mail.

Check out SQL BOL.

Regards,

Hugh Scott

Originally posted by ramshree
    Hi,

I want to configure my SQL Server 2000 to send me email using operator if there is any prob in the server.

I installed office 2000 , configure microsoft outlook, I am able to send - receive emails from the account I created. my mail server is up and running fine.

How can I configure my SQL Server 2000 to send me emails.

I am not able to see any profile in support services - SQL Mail .

In control panel if I double-clicked on mail, I can only see Account - SQLMAIL which I created for my email, type (mail (default)), connection - local area network.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

I'm facing a similar problem.

How to check SQL Agent service is set up to run under wat account ?

Right click SQL Server Agent in EM.. Click Properties ...check Service startup account.
    Get yourself a copy of the The Holy Book

order has no physical Brett in The meaning of a Kaiser . -database data

I Right click SQL Server Agent in EM.. Click Properties ...then can c General tab, Advanced tab and so on, i can't find ...check Service startup account.

I'm very new to SQL, i dun understand wat hmscott said "if you SQL Agent service is set up to run under MyDomain\MySQLAgent, you need to login as MyDomain\MySQLAgent and configure Outlook. "

The login is reffering to wat s/w ?

Lets start from the beginning - Describe your problem/issues with setting up sqlmail ?