Unanswered: ORA-06502:PL/SQL:numeric or value error.

Hi All,
    I am working on a web application that is developed using MOD_PLSQL. In my endeavors to enhance the application, I need to do following conditional check:
    IF v_old_contract_rate*1.05 > v_new_contract_rate THEN
    <do this>
    END IF;
    Here v_old_contract_rate and v_new_contract_rate both are variable declared as NUMBER (no precision specified). This generates following run time error:
    ORA-06502:PL/SQL:numeric or value error.
    Above error occurs for any numeric value of both the variables. Interestingly error doesn't occur if I replace '>' with '='. More over statement like IF 1.55 > 1.405 THEN also generated above error. Same error comes with '<>' comparison also. I am not finding any reason for this error. Could you please help me? Any clues??
    Thanx in advance.

Best Regards,
    Dushyant

Provided Answers: 1

Re: ORA-06502:PL/SQL:numeric or value error.

Can you produce a simple but complete example that demonstrates the problem in just PL/SQL, so that we can try it?

Re: ORA-06502:PL/SQL:numeric or value error.

Originally posted by andrewst
    Can you produce a simple but complete example that demonstrates the problem in just PL/SQL, so that we can try it?
    Hi Tony,
    Thanks for your response.
    I am sorry, I doubt if I can provide you any example that will simulate the problem. When I run such a block saperately, it gives no problem. A saperate procedure with same business logic works fine. But it fails with some other MOD_PLSQL calls. Any inputs??
    Thanks once again for your response.

Regards,
    Dushyant