Thread: Urgent Please

Unanswered: Urgent Please

I have Four Different reports with a single field in common say ID.I want to merge all these reports to a single report sorted according to the ID.Please Let me know how to do this .
    thanks
    asif

I see two methods:

A) Create a new, blank report and put your four reports as subreports in this new one. Will give you one report with 4 subsections.

B) If you want to see all the records in one long list, you will have to merge the four recordssources first. For this you might need a union query, if all four individual reports are based on different tables.

hth

Talking Thanks a Lot

hi marion,
    thanks a lot for your kind reply to my message the first method did work fine i am able to merge the reports.
    i have one more question if you can help me.i need to export this report as a pdf file to be stored.Can you please let me know if we can write a module for this so that it can be done automatically.or else please let me know if you have some sugestions.
    Thank you.
    sincerely,
    asif

Originally posted by marion
    I see two methods:

A) Create a new, blank report and put your four reports as subreports in this new one. Will give you one report with 4 subsections.

B) If you want to see all the records in one long list, you will have to merge the four recordssources first. For this you might need a union query, if all four individual reports are based on different tables.

hth

Re: Thanks a Lot

Hi Asif,

I suppose you have a pdf-printer installed on your machine/network?

In Access, a report will normally be printed to the default windows printer.

However you can specify another printer for each individual report.

Open the main report in design view, and have a look at File - Page Layout or Page Settings (I'm currently working in Dutch version).
    You need the tab sheet Page, where you can select your pdf-printer for this specific report.

hth

Actually, I'd be really surprised if you could produce the output as *.pdf format without paying something to Adobe for it. You may want to check out their website to see if they offer something to produce pdf files from within an application (sort of an Adobe Acrobat - Lite).

Good Luck!
    Regards,
    Terry

set your favourite search engine loose on "pdf995"

izy