Unanswered: Event Id 17055 - Shrink Database

HI

I have the following errors:

Event ID 17055
    Information
    17052 :
    Table Corrupt: Object ID 99, index ID 0, page (1:2). Test (m_headerVersion == HEADER_7_0) failed. Values are 5 and 1.

Event ID 17052
    Error
    Error: 8966, Severity: 20, State: 6
    Could not read and latch page (1:2) with latch type SH. GAM Scan failed.

These errors occurs when I want to shrink database. Any idea? The server OS is W2K and is running SQLServer 7.0 SP3.

Thanks in advance

Re: Event Id 17055 - Shrink Database

You try to do this using enterprise manager?
    Clicking on the database with mouse right button and then all tasks -> shrink database?

Sure.

I tried under Enterprise Manager environment and SQLServer Query Analizer. The error is the same. I do this tasks in other 4 databases and works fine. Only this one has the problem.

Maybe your database is corrupted.

Run:
    DBCC CHECKDB('your_db_name')
    DBCC CHECKALLOC('your_db_name')

Originally posted by ainulindale
    Sure.

I tried under Enterprise Manager environment and SQLServer Query Analizer. The error is the same. I do this tasks in other 4 databases and works fine. Only this one has the problem.
    Steve

I ran dbcc checkdb before and the same errors were displayed. I tried dbcc checkalloc and an error was displayed on the object ID 99. But this objects not exist anymore.

My solution (a bit boring) is creating a new database and use export data in order to export the entire database's objects. I tried to restore from full backup, but the errors exist in the backup.

Thanks for your replies.

If you already tried restoring a backup you may have another things to do, but it seams that it's corrupted.
    Try one or all this ideas:
    Restore a backup with other name for the database.
    Data and objects transfered to other database.
    Detach and attach the database with a new name.

Once the tables containing errors identified, try to run
    DBCC CHECKTABLE with option REPAIR_REBUILD or even REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS. the last one can result in data loss, so be sure to run it within a transaction (if data loss occurs make a rollback)

If all your backups are corrupted you don't have too many options, so good luck...

Originally posted by ainulindale
    I ran dbcc checkdb before and the same errors were displayed. I tried dbcc checkalloc and an error was displayed on the object ID 99. But this objects not exist anymore.

My solution (a bit boring) is creating a new database and use export data in order to export the entire database's objects. I tried to restore from full backup, but the errors exist in the backup.

Thanks for your replies.
    Steve