Unanswered: Esscmd command line interface

Hi,
    I am using ESSCMD command line interface to create application and database through a script file. I could create appln, database. But I want to associate(add) few objects like dimensions, facts(model) to the metaoutline which will be created when the db is created. Can anyone help me?
    Thanks,
    Thangam

Re: Esscmd command line interface

Hi,

This is not posible. ESSCDM commnad line interface is only for automatisation purposes.

You have two choices:
    1. developing cubes in Integration sever console or
    2. developing cubes in Application Manager.

If you have data warehouse (star shema - fact tables and dimension tables) in relation database I advice you to use Integration sever console, because IBM has intention to not support Application Manager in the future.

But if you have the data source in files you have to use Application Manager because Integration server console does not support data files as data sources.

1. choise:
    You need to install DB2 OLAP Server and DB2 OLAP Integration Server on server mashine. On client mashine you have to install Integration Server console.

2. choise:
    You need to install DB2 OLAP Server on server mashine. On client mashine you have to install Application Manager.

If you have more quastions please inform me about your version of OLAP your are using and the platform.

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

Originally posted by jsudheerrao
    Hi,
    I am using ESSCMD command line interface to create application and database through a script file. I could create appln, database. But I want to associate(add) few objects like dimensions, facts(model) to the metaoutline which will be created when the db is created. Can anyone help me?
    Thanks,
    Thangam