Unanswered: SQLAgent Blocking

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone can help me.
    I have the problem of jobs blocking when they try to send an email. I have install the MAPI as the instructions. SQLAgent runs, and send email to an operator and this works for sometime, but at some point and job tries to send an email, but can't (I haven't found the reason for this) therefore the job doesn't end. Other jobs can start but as long as they don't send email they run, once they try to send a mail they also block. To get everything working again I have to stop and restart SQL.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Iain

Re: SQLAgent Blocking

What's your e-mail provider? Is it Exchange, Notes or POP3? If Notes or POP3, I would discontinue using SQL Mail immediately; it will only bring misery to your life. If ou are using Exchange, you should (in theory) be in better shape: but obviously you are experiencing a problem. I can only say that I experienced similar issues using Notes (our corporate standard, not my choice). I abandoned SQL Mail in favor of an alternate solution. It's more cumbersome to work with, but has proven to be extremely reliable.

Regards,

Hugh Scott

Originally posted by IainC
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone can help me.
    I have the problem of jobs blocking when they try to send an email. I have install the MAPI as the instructions. SQLAgent runs, and send email to an operator and this works for sometime, but at some point and job tries to send an email, but can't (I haven't found the reason for this) therefore the job doesn't end. Other jobs can start but as long as they don't send email they run, once they try to send a mail they also block. To get everything working again I have to stop and restart SQL.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Iain