Question Unanswered: Securing a single db w/multiple function users?

I need to secure a single database that has multiple users with different functions. Some can update, some read only, etc. I've been through several iterations of the security wizard but each time I set up security, it forces a login no matter what database I'm accessing.

Is there a straightforward way to set up user level security that would only prompt a password when a particular database is opened and not come into play for other databases?

Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
    Without coding the security yourself I don't think this can be done. The workgroup administrator works on the actual application; Access and not on the databases themselves.

It's quite annoying.

Columbus, GA
    It can be done but you only need to do this for computers that are not shared by other users.

You can use whats called Shortcut Commands

create a shortcut to your database
    you should see s command line looking comething like this

click at the end of that line and put a space and then type this

/wrkgrp "c:\database\yoursecurityfile.mdw" /user username /pwd password

username needs to be the persons username and pasword needs to be their password. if you want it to prompt for password, do NOT enter password, leave off the entire (/pwd pssword) line.

The entire line should look like this

"c:\database\mydatabase.mdb" /wrkgrp "c:\database\yoursecurityfile.mdw" /user username /pwd password

Put quotation marks before and after each file name but DO NOT put them on the /wrkgrp /user /pwd