Arrow Unanswered: DB2 OLAP Server 7.1 - Olap Command Interface

Hi,
    I want to automate the creation of olap model , metaouline and load members and data. For that , I can use Olap command interface. But I found , there is no command to create Olap model/metaoutline through OLAPICMD. There are commands only to set source/target/catalog and load members and data to the existing metaoutline. Can anyone know how to create model/metaoutline through OLAPICMD? Pls help me.
    Thanks,
    Thangam

Re: DB2 OLAP Server 7.1 - Olap Command Interface

Hi,

I have aswered to very similar quastion. Please check:
    http://dbforums.com/t689488.html

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

Originally posted by thangam
    Hi,
    I want to automate the creation of olap model , metaouline and load members and data. For that , I can use Olap command interface. But I found , there is no command to create Olap model/metaoutline through OLAPICMD. There are commands only to set source/target/catalog and load members and data to the existing metaoutline. Can anyone know how to create model/metaoutline through OLAPICMD? Pls help me.
    Thanks,
    Thangam

Arrow Re: DB2 OLAP Server 7.1 - Olap Command Interface

Hi Grofaty,

Thank you for the response. I have gone through the reply. But DB2 OLAP Server 7.1 has both Integration console(Desktop) as well as OLap Command Interface. Few functionaliy of Desktop can be achieved from Olap Command Interface like load memebers and data. But It does not support creation of model / metaoutline. Why? Any help?

Thanks,
    Thangam

Re: DB2 OLAP Server 7.1 - Olap Command Interface

Hi,

OLAP Command Interface is only available for automatisation processes.
    OLAP Desktop is for development.

I can't imagine why do you need to create models and metaoutline with commands. Sometimes is can be very hard to do it with GUI.

Grofaty

Hi Grofaty,

Thank you for the response. I have gone through the reply. But DB2 OLAP Server 7.1 has both Integration console(Desktop) as well as OLap Command Interface. Few functionaliy of Desktop can be achieved from Olap Command Interface like load memebers and data. But It does not support creation of model / metaoutline. Why? Any help?

Thanks,
    Thangam

Hello,
    I am using DB2 OLAP Server 7.2 with fixpak 7. I have upgraded my catalog after installation of 7.1 . I have installed JRE 1.3 and set the environment as per the installation notes. When I tried to export the existing model to XML file, It is failing with "Error -1". Can anyone know the reason for this problem? Please guide me.
    Thanks,
    Thangam

Hello Grafoty,
    Will XML-Based editor(to use export/import utility of DB2 OLAP Integration Server desktop) come with DB2 OLAP Server fixpack 7? Or as pre-requisite Do we need to have XML-Based editor?
    Thanks,
    Thangam

Hello,
    I am using DB2 OLAP Server 7.2 with fixpak 7. I have upgraded my catalog after installation of 7.1 . I have installed JRE 1.3 and set the environment as per the installation notes. When I tried to export the existing model to XML file, It is failing with "Error -1". Can anyone know the reason for this problem? Please guide me.
    Thanks,
    Thangam

Hi thangam,

This XML-Based editor does't come with OLAP server or OLAP server fixpack 7! I don't know why do you need XML-Based editor?

I have edit the XML file with Notepad (Windows application). But if you need somekind of editor to see more clearly you can also use your web browser. I use Internet Explorer, but before opening the file someone should delete the row "<!DOCTYPE Model SYSTEM 'model.dtd'>" from this XML file to enable Internet Explorer to show the file correctly.

If you have some special questions about OLAP server or Integration server. You can discuss with Hyperion Essbase discussion group at: http://www.essbase.com/discussion/

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

Hello Grafoty,
    Will XML-Based editor(to use export/import utility of DB2 OLAP Integration Server desktop) come with DB2 OLAP Server fixpack 7? Or as pre-requisite Do we need to have XML-Based editor?
    Thanks,
    Thangam

Hello Grofaty,
    When I use XML Export/Import from DB2 OLAP Integration Server Desktop to export model to XML file, It fails with "Error -1". Do you have any idea why it occurs?
    Thanks,
    Thangam

Hi,

I have never come to this problem yet. Did you get some error messages while you where saving the model? Validate the model again (File | Validate) before exporting the model.

I have been working with OLAP 7.1 fixpack 7 and with OLAP 8.1 fixpack 1 and I have never had any problem with export/import.

You can try to install some fixes. OLAP support page for fixes: http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/d.../fixpacks.html

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

Hello Grofaty,
    When I use XML Export/Import from DB2 OLAP Integration Server Desktop to export model to XML file, It fails with "Error -1". Do you have any idea why it occurs?
    Thanks,
    Thangam

Hello Grofaty,
    This problem occurs while saving the model (save as XML) in XML Import/Export wizard. The model was validated perfectly. I could create metaoutlines based on the model. I am using DB2 OLAP 7.1 + fixpack 7
    Any help?
    Thanks,
    Thangam

Hi,

Check the Integration server log file to see if some error have been written to this log.

The IS log file is in log directory inside olap_server_directory in OLAP version 8.1. But as I remember in version 7.1 was inside Windows directory. If you can't find the IS log file, you can search it with *.log extension.

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

Hello Grofaty,
    This problem occurs while saving the model (save as XML) in XML Import/Export wizard. The model was validated perfectly. I could create metaoutlines based on the model. I am using DB2 OLAP 7.1 + fixpack 7
    Any help?
    Thanks,
    Thangam