Exclamation migrating ingres database to DB2 database

Hi all

can anyone help me.....?????
    how to migrate ingres database to DB2 database?

Re: migrating ingres database to DB2 database

Rita,

Are you creating a new data model - or using the existing model. There probably are methods whereby you could import Ingres data directly into DB2, you'd have to check with the vendor doco but if you duplicate your relational model in DB2 it should just be a case of importing the (previously exported) Ingres data into your DB2 structure. DB2 should have some data loader utility to do this.

As for views, stored procedures, triggers, sequences etc, you'll need to identify these, check the vendors [DB2] ability to import these objects otherwise you may need to re-create.

Straight data - for my mind, I'd be going for creation of the new relational structure (see if you can export definitions only, I know you can with Oracle), re-create in DB2, then import data straight into that. You may need to run it through a couple of times to get it right, but once you've got the scripts right you should be able to plan a "switch database day". Shut down the old database, do the import then turn on the new database.

Originally posted by rita
    Hi all

can anyone help me.....?????
    how to migrate ingres database to DB2 database?