Thread: copy database?

Question Unanswered: copy database?

Hi,
    I am using db2 7.2 EE on windows and I am trying to install olap fixpack. The installation guides says
    "If you need to create a new database called ANALYZ62, copy the existing ANALYZ60 database and rename the copied database ANALYZ62. All the reports, report groups, users, and user groups will be available instantly without exporting and importing. "

In windows i tried to copy all the folders (data, index, temp) under ANALYZ60 to ANALYZ62 but it didnt work can some one explain how can i copy a database and then rename the database ?

Thanks

Re: copy database?

Hi,

First of all, OLAP fixpack is completly separated from Analyzer fixpack. You are talking about two diferent things. Are you installing Analyzer fixpack or OLAP fixpack? OLAP and DB2 are also two diferent products. Witch version of OLAP do you use? Are you using Analyzer too?

Answer to your quastion: Copy the database means backup database and restore database with diferent name. This is not copy-paste operation in Windows environment.

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

Originally posted by coolguy
    Hi,
    I am using db2 7.2 EE on windows and I am trying to install olap fixpack. The installation guides says
    "If you need to create a new database called ANALYZ62, copy the existing ANALYZ60 database and rename the copied database ANALYZ62. All the reports, report groups, users, and user groups will be available instantly without exporting and importing. "

In windows i tried to copy all the folders (data, index, temp) under ANALYZ60 to ANALYZ62 but it didnt work can some one explain how can i copy a database and then rename the database ?

Thanks