Unanswered: Access to db on DB2 UDB EEE from DB2/390

I was going through the sample questions of IBM DB2 for Clusters and found this question. I am intrigued by the answer:

In order to access a database on a DB2 UDB cluster from DB2 for OS/390, which of the following products must be installed on the cluster?

A. DB2 Connect Personal Edition
    B. DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition
    C. DB2 Universal Database Enterprise Edition
    D. DB2 Universal Database Enterprise - Extended Edition

Answer is D.

Does that mean that you don't need DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition at all to connect in UDB EEE???

Re: Access to db on DB2 UDB EEE from DB2/390

Well, if you read the question carefully then you will notice that the question is asking simply for the software needed on cluster environment i.e. DB2 EEE. It's an easy question that why sound confusing.
    Also note that EE and EEE has the connect capability, so it will connect to DRDA hosts as well

dollar

Originally posted by urs_77
    I was going through the sample questions of IBM DB2 for Clusters and found this question. I am intrigued by the answer:

In order to access a database on a DB2 UDB cluster from DB2 for OS/390, which of the following products must be installed on the cluster?

A. DB2 Connect Personal Edition
    B. DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition
    C. DB2 Universal Database Enterprise Edition
    D. DB2 Universal Database Enterprise - Extended Edition

Answer is D.

Does that mean that you don't need DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition at all to connect in UDB EEE???

Thanks a lot. Appreciate it.