Unanswered: ADOCE 3.1, VIADB OLE Provider

Hi all,

I'm using ADOCE in connection with Odyssey ViaDB to connect to MSSQL Server from PocketPC2002. I have the odd problem that recordset.recordcount returns -1 no matter how many records there are.

I get the correct results when I do a SELECT COUNT(*) on the same data and the recordset *is* actually populated.

Can anyone comment on this?

Re: ADOCE 3.1, VIADB OLE Provider

This behaviour is not specific to ADODC. ADODB do the same thing.
    I do not know your recordset properties.(maybe you can post it) but I sugest you to change the properties to adUseClient and adOpenStatic (these are for adodb, I hope that are the same in adodc)

Originally posted by chrisp_999
    Hi all,

I'm using ADOCE in connection with Odyssey ViaDB to connect to MSSQL Server from PocketPC2002. I have the odd problem that recordset.recordcount returns -1 no matter how many records there are.

I get the correct results when I do a SELECT COUNT(*) on the same data and the recordset *is* actually populated.

Can anyone comment on this?
    Steve

silly trick is to go to LAST record, then you get correctly number of records.....

as dbadelphes said, your -1 is by design

http://www.adopenstatic.com/faq/recordcounterror.asp

jiri

Thanks for that information.
    CursorType is adOpenStatic, LockType = adLockReadOnly. The adoce recordset object does not support CursorLocation, while the connection object does, but only adUseServer and adUseNone. I will play around with that later on.
    Thanks, Chris

Re: ADOCE 3.1, VIADB OLE Provider

Hi can i connect a mysql database using VIADB and adoce 3.1 in a pocket pc 2002???

how??

tks!

Didn't try it, but i guess it should be doable. Set the "ViaDB Remote Provider" property to the name of the system DSN for MySQL on the ViaDB Host. If you need more specific information, drop me a private message and/or open a new thread. I'm willing to dig into this and could do a little testing over the weekend.

Question how?

how i connect my ppc2002 in a mysql database without the VIADB ??

tks

I'm not sure if this can be done. Only way I can think of is via SQL Server CE Edition, but I'd expect much hazzle with that. That's the reason why we decided to use ViaDB. SQL Server CE synchronisation tools require an IIS on the db server, that was a k.o. criterion for us.

Hi!, Where can I Found VIADB Library, because Oddysey software does´nt exist any more.
    Could you send me a copy of viadb for tranning?
    Thank a lot
    Best Regards