Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    chennai
    Posts
    30

    Question Unanswered: Download data from Mainframe DB2 table to DB2/UDB windows

    Hi all,

    We need to downlaod data from a mainframe DB2 table (over 12 lakh rows) and load it on a DB2/UDB database on Windows. An efficient method is required due to the large size of the table.

    Thanks in advance,
    sekhar
    Thanks,
    sekhar rao k

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    456

    Re: Download data from Mainframe DB2 table to DB2/UDB windows

    export the data in ixf format from mainframe and then load on your DB2 UDB server.

    dollar

    Originally posted by k_sekhar_rao
    Hi all,

    We need to downlaod data from a mainframe DB2 table (over 12 lakh rows) and load it on a DB2/UDB database on Windows. An efficient method is required due to the large size of the table.

    Thanks in advance,
    sekhar

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    chennai
    Posts
    30

    Question Re: Download data from Mainframe DB2 table to DB2/UDB windows

    Hi,

    Can you be bit more clear about exporting data in ixf format from mainframe and load on your DB2 UDB server.


    Originally posted by dollar489
    export the data in ixf format from mainframe and then load on your DB2 UDB server.

    dollar
    Thanks,
    sekhar rao k

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    456

    Re: Download data from Mainframe DB2 table to DB2/UDB windows

    Well, from your UDB server connect to the Mainframe database and export the table data in ixf format. Once that step done use the load utility to load the data on your UDB table. You can check the syntax details from ibm we site.

    hope this is clear, if not please let me know exactly what kind of help you are looking for.

    dollar
    dollar489@hotmail.com

    Originally posted by k_sekhar_rao
    Hi,

    Can you be bit more clear about exporting data in ixf format from mainframe and load on your DB2 UDB server.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    chennai
    Posts
    30

    Question Re: Download data from Mainframe DB2 table to DB2/UDB windows

    Thanks for the great support. Can you tell me plz how to connect UDB server to the mainframe database and export the table data in ixf format. I am new to DB2 and mainframe environment.


    Originally posted by dollar489
    Well, from your UDB server connect to the Mainframe database and export the table data in ixf format. Once that step done use the load utility to load the data on your UDB table. You can check the syntax details from ibm we site.

    hope this is clear, if not please let me know exactly what kind of help you are looking for.

    dollar
    dollar489@hotmail.com
    Thanks,
    sekhar rao k

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,605

    Re: Download data from Mainframe DB2 table to DB2/UDB windows

    Hi,

    Fast and efficient is a tip "Can the database on one platform be restored on another platform?" from site: http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?spid=178&sfid=2767

    You have to register at http://www.tek-tips.come/ site before you can access above tip.

    Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

    Originally posted by k_sekhar_rao
    Hi all,

    We need to downlaod data from a mainframe DB2 table (over 12 lakh rows) and load it on a DB2/UDB database on Windows. An efficient method is required due to the large size of the table.

    Thanks in advance,
    sekhar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •