Unhappy Unanswered: Slowdown in DB after data migration

We are having a problem that last Friday we add 25% more data to our database so size is about 2.2 gigs. Last Friday end of business our fat client connecting to SQL was running about 2 to 3 seconds per screen over a wide area network. Starting Monday after the data was entered our times per screen load can be from 2 to 20 seconds YILES! Anyone have any idea's where we should be looking for this added time. Just so you know I am an Infrastructure manager I am just posting here because I am looking for help from anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Slowdown in DB after data migration

You might want to run "sp_updatestats" to make sure everything is up-to-date.
    --
    -oj
    http://www.rac4sql.net

Would a reboot of the box take care of this, or is this something that could possibly help even after a reboot. Only reason that I ask is because we are going to reboot at midnight?

Thanks for the idea...

Reboot the server will clear all server cache. It will nothing to your indexes/statistics.

After a long dataload, one should *always* reindex.
    --
    -oj

sorry mis understood, we did reindex last night no real change in response time..

Did you update statistics? Statistics are not the *same* as indexes. They represent data sampling which sqlserver uses to compute plans.
    --
    -oj

Unhappy

Data was imported Sat, we re-index on Sunday evening, and the statistics were done Monday. Improved a little went from 20 to 35 seconds down to the 2 to 20 seconds. We were originally at 2 to 6 seconds at the longest in our fat client. When we had the time creeps before we just ran, dbcc dropcleanbuffers and dbcc freeproccache, but the aspirin no longer works on the problem and it has gotten much worse. Any and all help is appreciated!

one additional step is to force a recompile of all stored procedures. Look up sp_recompile in Books Online.
    Paul Young
    (Knowledge is power! Get some!)

Unhappy

Have also tried this and from what I am reading using freeproccache does that and much more what use to be one of our standard fixes for this. Thanks for the help!

DBCC FREEPROCCACHE does not force a recompile of stored procedures. Clearing the procedure cache will cause ad-hoc SQL statments to be re-compiled.
    Paul Young
    (Knowledge is power! Get some!)