Thread: db2level

Unanswered: db2level

Hi!

Is there any documentation regarding the interpretation of the results one receives from the db2level command? I know from results that you can see which version and fix pack (7.2....WR..). What I would like to know which product is actually installed, i.e. Workgroup or DB2Connect PE.

Thanks for the help,

Douglas

Provided Answers: 5
    Douglas,
    The only thing I could find that may be of use was in the Message Reference under DB21085I.

Not much there I am afraid, db2level is mainly used to send the info to IBM support.

Andy

Hi,

db2level - gives an information about level of DB2. The message WR... give you an information about level (fixpack). At IBM support site http://www-3.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/...report#WINDOWS under the column PTF you can get information about version of fixpack.

To get the product type (Workgroup, Personal, etc) just type the command: db2licm -l at DB2 Command Window.

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

Originally posted by ARWinner
    Douglas,
    The only thing I could find that may be of use was in the Message Reference under DB21085I.

Not much there I am afraid, db2level is mainly used to send the info to IBM support.

Andy