Unanswered: poor performance with select/update in window db2
I just installed the following things in a window server:
- DB2 UDB 7.2
- VB 6
- create a database (SMS) and a table around 30 fields & 3 keys
- load the table with 50 thousands records
- use the database configuration wizard to optimum the database with set it to for DataWare, less locking for long run.
- initially, I test the VB program in same machine(connect with DB2 through ODBC and connect as "local") - if it is success, I will move the VB program to some client PC and connect to DB2 by IP and ODBC.
- for any SQL in VB like select/UPDATE SQL statement, it takes around 10 seconds (to complete the whole program, it takes around 8 hours while using the same program and connect to Access97, it only takes around half an hour)
Thanks a lot for any suggestion to improve the performance.