Unanswered: Not Sure what or how??

I'm not sure how to do this but I need either a module or querie to do the following.

When an existing file number is entered in a form I need it to return the following from the db, to specific locations in the form. I hope I'm not being to vage here not sure how to but it. Example: file number entered "cc03-0022" to return the following to exact locations in the form.

FName
    MName
    LName
    DOB

I'd create text boxes for each on the form. Make their Control Source "=DLookup(...)" Refer to the Help file. Then on the "After Update" event of the "File Number" control, do a Requery of the other controls. I'd lock the other controls.

Re: Not Sure what or how??

Originally posted by mphillips
    I'm not sure how to do this but I need either a module or querie to do the following.

When an existing file number is entered in a form I need it to return the following from the db, to specific locations in the form. I hope I'm not being to vage here not sure how to but it. Example: file number entered "cc03-0022" to return the following to exact locations in the form.

FName
    MName
    LName
    DOB
    Another way to do it would be to create a form/subform. on the form have a combo box/text box where you enter the file number. in the after update or in a button do a docmd.requery "subform" . Create the subform based on a query that has the text box in the main form as part of the criteria for the file number field. when the subform is requeied the query that supports it will look at the data enetered into the text box and populate all of the fields that you need to show. Just a thought
    Jim

Thanks

I'm sorry for taking so long to get back to this, but would like to thank you for the info, it helped me fix the problem.

Thanks Again
    Mike

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by mphillips
    I'm sorry for taking so long to get back to this, but would like to thank you for the info, it helped me fix the problem.

Thanks Again
    Mike
    Im glad we were able to help. Thanx
    Jim