Unanswered: Problem after move from SSA to ESS (Shark)
We recently switched our disks from ssa to ess. Now when we restore the database we notice that the Kernel processes take up the all of the CPU resources while the containers are being built. However it now only takes 1/2 hour to build the containers instead of 1 full hour. We have two databases on this system and when we restore one of the databases the other becomes unusable. Could someone please take a look at the following topas report I captured during the restore and let me know if there is something I can look at.
The system has 6 CPU's, 12GB memory, 28GB Paging Space, AIX 4.3.3, and using TSM to restore 250GB.
I have already looked at my vmtune parameters and they look fine. I am not sure where to go next.