Unanswered: Temp Table Creation -6372

hello - I was wondering if someone could help me out with a problem.
    I'm getting a -6372 error in reference to the creation of a temp table. Would anyone happen to know what the actual error is? Thanks
    for any help!

Re: Temp Table Creation -6372

Originally posted by cadderly21
    hello - I was wondering if someone could help me out with a problem.
    I'm getting a -6372 error in reference to the creation of a temp table. Would anyone happen to know what the actual error is? Thanks
    for any help!
    I think you should give a little more info as to what you're doing. What you're creating it with, and what the message is literally.

Originally posted by zara
    I think you should give a little more info as to what you're doing. What you're creating it with, and what the message is literally.
    The message occurs in a program written in Informix, running against a SQL Server Database, when the program is run more than once without exiting.
    And it's a generic message generated by the program that ends with the
    error code of -6372.

Sounds like you are trying to create the temp table a 2nd time. MAybe you could include a test "if object_id('tempdb..<your table name>') is not null drop table <your table name>"

or "if object_id('tempdb..<your table name>') is null create table <your table name>"
    Paul Young
    (Knowledge is power! Get some!)

Originally posted by cadderly21
    The message occurs in a program written in Informix, running against a SQL Server Database, when the program is run more than once without exiting.
    And it's a generic message generated by the program that ends with the
    error code of -6372.
    Hmm. Don't think that's an internal SQL error code. Temp tables will disappear when the connection is closed and is available only to that connection (unless it's global). So if the program is trying to recreate the same temp table on an existing connection you will certainly get an error message.