Exclamation Unanswered: Access Crash! Please Help!!!

Hi,
    I have been developing an important Access front end for a large mail order company over the last few weeks... However, i have come to a halt because of a major problem i just cant seem to resolve...

Whenever im wirting code in the VBA window, and for example type 'DoCmd.' upon pressing the period, at which point the items list of evets, properties etc should be displayed, Access freezes. I just get the windows XP 'tell microsoft about this crash' box, and access closes. This problem occurs whenever i try to write code that should bring up the 'quick complete' member list and as you can probably expect, crashing whenever that appears is more than a pain. If I turn off the popup list, then it doesnt crash - but i would like to use it, and its been fine until thismorning.
    At first i though this was probably something in my Database (things like this have occured to be before), but i made a blank .mdb and on the first line of VBA i worte - it crashed.
    I have repaired Office (XP that is), then I completely removed and re-installed Office, and it still does it.
    Also, one other thing that started happening at the same time - when i enable the control wizard, and draw a command button, it should pop up etc, but instead i get 'ActiveX component can't create object'. Im quite sure this is linked somehow, but ive really no idea.

Any help would be really great!
    Many thanks in advance,
    Tim Alston
    Gamalan Media Group

Have you tryed a different computer?
    If it works there, I would take one our and reinstall my whole computer with only XP and office. It spares a lot of frustrations.

When you are done, you can install the rest of your computer.

This problem does not occur on other computers. I wipe and re-install my computer quite a lot, and im reluctant to have to do it again.
    If I cant find another solution, there is probably no alternative, but ive a lot of things installed and set up on my computer and i takes more like a day or two to reinstall the lot (plus i allways forget to back certain things up, ie favorites etc!).

Any other ideas anyone?

Originally posted by jethro
    This problem does not occur on other computers. I wipe and re-install my computer quite a lot, and im reluctant to have to do it again.
    If I cant find another solution, there is probably no alternative, but ive a lot of things installed and set up on my computer and i takes more like a day or two to reinstall the lot (plus i allways forget to back certain things up, ie favorites etc!).

Any other ideas anyone?
    If you have Windows XP you should try doing a system restore to a date before the problem started occuring. Look for "system restore" in help and support and you'll find the wizard that lets you do this and other information about it.

Originally posted by klarat78
    If you have Windows XP you should try doing a system restore to a date before the problem started occuring. Look for "system restore" in help and support and you'll find the wizard that lets you do this and other information about it.
    Try looking for a patch...i dont know if office xp has any patches out there yet but if it does install that. When you patch it has the tendency to write over dll's. that may fix your issue.
    Jim

Thumbs up

Hi,
    I have just used the XP System Restore. Its not something which i have ever used, or thought about using before, but its quite clever!
    Anyway, it fixed the problem, so it must have been something which an instalation changed.

Thanks for all your help!!

Tim