Unanswered: Hotel Reservation System

Can anybody tell me how to check availability on a hotel reservation system? The following is how it's laid out:
    - 4 different room types
    - 4 different hotels
    - 3 rooms of each type in each hotel.

I want to be able to check availability of a certain type of room, in a certain hotel for a range of dates. I'm able to query the date of arrival for these rooms but that doesn't give me enough information to see if room is booked e.g. if i want to book room type 1 in hotel 1: this corresponds to room no Ck1, Ck2 or Ck3. However if a booking is made the previous day for say 2 nights the room in question is unavailable! Short of querying a broad range of dates individually and checking no of nights of each, is there a way of checking availability for a range of dates, i.e. from Date of Arrival to Date of Departure?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

To return records within a range of dates, use the following syntax in the appropriate query field:

Between #01/01/2002# and #02/02/2002#

However since you should have a form as a user interface, use a couple of unbound text boxes to enter the date ranges and then reference the text boxes in the query's criteria

Between [Forms]![YourFormName]![txtArrivalDate] And [Forms]![YourFormName]![txtDepartureDate]

You will also need to develop your query to only select rooms not already booked.

Cheers,
    zambezibill

Organisation, and, if you or a current employee create it, then it's free.

Aren't really any cons, unless you don't know how to create one, nor does anyone else, and aren't prepared to learn a little.

EDIT: Just realised this is from 2003, whoops.
    Looking for the perfect beer...