Question Unanswered: Disable messages in OpenLink Lite for Progress

Hello, i have installed OpenLink Lite for Progress 8.3a (Large Client) (32 Bit), which i use to connect to different Progress databases. How can i disable the messages that OpenLink pops up when something happens (ex. Connection error).
    I dont want that kind of messages to pop up because it stops the processing, i am already catching data base errors, i dont need the poped up messages.
    Can anybody help me with this issue?.
    Thank you very much.

Ofelia Giles

Lightbulb

Hi Ofelia,

You could try either/or, both will eventually set the same thing.

You should have a client configuration utility program as part of the OpenLink installation

this should have a communications section, and a setting for show errors.

the other way to get to this is through the registry.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ODBC/OPENLINK/Communications
    you will have a key for showerrors, jus set this to "no"!

this will not cease ODBC Specific errors though, as this is outside the Drivers capability. This will need to be handled by I suspect the OS!?!

anyway...

HTH

BR

John

Red face

Hi Jay Jay, thank you for your reply, i already tried what you suggest but amazingly this OpenLink version installation doesnt have a configuration file, or either i cant find it, there should be a openlink.ini or something alike. In the registry i dont have a key for this configuration..
    Thanks anyway..

Ofelia.

Originally posted by Jay_Jay
    Hi Ofelia,

You could try either/or, both will eventually set the same thing.

You should have a client configuration utility program as part of the OpenLink installation

this should have a communications section, and a setting for show errors.

the other way to get to this is through the registry.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ODBC/OPENLINK/Communications
    you will have a key for showerrors, jus set this to "no"!

this will not cease ODBC Specific errors though, as this is outside the Drivers capability. This will need to be handled by I suspect the OS!?!

anyway...

HTH

BR

John

Unhappy

Hi Ofelia,

out of interest, what is the OpenLink version you have?
    driver dll should be something like olod3032.dll the release information should be enough.

have you tried searching the registry for openlink.ini ? or just openlink?

HTH

BR

John

Originally posted by OfeliaG
    Hi Jay Jay, thank you for your reply, i already tried what you suggest but amazingly this OpenLink version installation doesnt have a configuration file, or either i cant find it, there should be a openlink.ini or something alike. In the registry i dont have a key for this configuration..
    Thanks anyway..

Ofelia.

Hey Jay_Jay,
    The OpenLink version i have is OpenLink Lite for Progress 8.3a (Large Client) (32 Bit), the dlls i have in
    D:\Program Files\openlink\Lite32 are nll3p83a.dll, olset32.dll, in the registry i searched for openlink.ini and just openlink, but no results.. i am wondering if i will be able to do it, there must be a way to do it tho.
    Thanks

Ofleia

Originally posted by Jay_Jay
    Hi Ofelia,

out of interest, what is the OpenLink version you have?
    driver dll should be something like olod3032.dll the release information should be enough.

have you tried searching the registry for openlink.ini ? or just openlink?

HTH

BR

John

Hi Ofelia,

sorry it did not click that you are using Single Tier from your initial posting, daft really as you stated it clearly...

the "show error" I referred to are for controlling OpenLink specific errors with Multi Tier. The errors you are getting ODBC based errors which cannot be controlled by an ODBC Driver (that I know off)

to disable these such error you would need to know how this is done at the Operating System (OS) level, I have searched again on the web on how to do this, I suspect it will be a registry key under Windows, but which one, I don't know....

If any MS people out there can comment on this that would be great to put 2 people out of there misery on this reoccuring question.

BR

John