Unanswered: Federated database: create server failed

I am having trouble setting up federated databases on an NT server running UDB version 7.2. I've created two instances; one on NT "development' and one for a connection to DB2/OS390 version 6.1.2 development. Both are accessable via Control Centre. Now we want to "connect" the NT database with DB2/OS390 to do some ETL for our datawarehouse. After creation of the wrapper DRDA the creation of the server fails constantly, whatever we specify.
    The problem occurs when I run the following "Create Server" command in UDB/NT:

CREATE SERVER "DB2TFED" TYPE DB2/390 VERSION 6.1 WRAPPER "DRDA" AUTHID MFid PASSWORD MFpw
    OPTIONS(NODE '{servername of the NT server}', DBNAME '{location name of DB2 on OS390}')

Via Control Centre it's only possible to select the {servername of the NT
    server}; no other nodes are listed.

This command fails with the following message:
    During SQL processing it returned: SQL1822N Unexpected error code "-1096" received from data source "DB2TFED". Associated text and tokens are "".

I have been unable to find any documentation on error code -1096. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance,
    Hessel Rus

Re: Federated database: create server failed

Hi,

Did you configure the node on Windows NT. The node has to be configured before creating the federated database!

To check the node:
    list node directory

To create node:
    CATALOG TCPIP NODE new_node_name REMOTE IP_adress SERVER port

new_node_name => the name you wish
    IP_adress => IP adress of OS/390 machine (or use DNS name)
    port => port of DB2 on OS/390. Default port is 446.

Then when creating the federated server (see the new_node_name below):
    CREATE SERVER "DB2TFED" TYPE DB2/390 VERSION 6.1 WRAPPER "DRDA" AUTHID MFid PASSWORD MFpw
    OPTIONS(NODE 'new_node_name', DBNAME '{location name of DB2 on OS390}')

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty