Angry Unanswered: Internet Replication

I'm trying to figure out a good way to sync tables on several pc's with one on my web server. I was considering trying to use replicas but it appears I need to be working directly on the server. Is this the case or am I reading the docs wrong?

If I can't or shouldn't use replicas does anyone have any suggestions? I need to as many as 100 records at a time to the database on the server. I'm really at a loss and could use some advice on the direction I should go.

Dave

It does read that way, but you don't actually need the replicas to have a constant link between them.

A "Single Master -> Multiple Replicas" topology work quite well in a disconnected or connected environment.

You just need to make sure that they can 'see' each other at the time you wish to synchronise the replicas to the master.

I've set up a replicated environmetn on our WAN at work and it works quite well. They synchronise over night.

Michale Kaplan has an excellent site with numerous articles on replication, including a 'synchronisation manager' much better than that which Microsoft Offer: http://www.trigeminal.com

Any other questions, shoot!

Cheer,
    Andrew
    There have been many posts made throughout the world.
    This was one of them.

replication

Why can't you just link tables over the internet?

It really would be so much easier. But that's microsoft for you.
    J.