Unanswered: Question about a query

I have this query:
    SELECT PunchList.JobID, PunchList.EngAssigned, PunchList.EngAssignDate, PunchList.EngDateCompleted, PunchList.CustServiceRep, PunchList.CustServiceAssignDate, PunchList.CustServiceDateCompleted, PunchList.ShippingStatus, PunchList.InstallerStatus, PunchList.comment, PunchList.OrderIDPunchlist, Shiplist.[Project Name]
    FROM PunchListHotList INNER JOIN (PunchList INNER JOIN Shiplist ON PunchList.JobID = Shiplist.[Order ID]) ON PunchListHotList.JobID = PunchList.JobID
    WHERE (((PunchList.InstallerStatus)<>"Completed" Or (PunchList.InstallerStatus)="" Or (PunchList.InstallerStatus) Is Null))
    ORDER BY PunchList.JobID, PunchList.OrderIDPunchlist;

which when I open it in datasheet view, the view is read-only. I copied this query from a similar one which I can open in datasheet view and modify the underlying data. The "Recordset Type" property is set to dynaset on both.

Question: Does anyone have an idea why this query opens in read only mode?

tia
    flynn

Try "select distinctrow punchlist..."

Rudy,

That indeed did fix it, but why?

I also found that if I put an index on the HotList.JobID field, that fixes it also.

Thank you for the help.

flynn

My pleasure. Why indeed... Just something I picked up on a long time ago and just never went back to research the Why.

Rudy