Thread: SQL*Plus.exe

Unanswered: SQL*Plus.exe

Hi, I have try to install oracle 8i (8.1.7) and 9i (9.2.0) client on 3 different PCs (2 Dell, 1 Compaq)... In all of then i have tried Spanish W2000 Pro and WXP Pro, in the Compaq one, i have do a W2000 Pro English version... The installation runs OK... and when i start sqlplus.exe, i set my environement with this few commands stored in a txt file:
    SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 1000000 ;
    ALTER SESSION SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT = 'DD/MM/YYYY HH24:MI:SS' NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS = ",." ;
    ALTER SESSION SET NLS_SORT = BINARY;
    SET LINESIZE 3000 ;
    SET PAGESIZE 3000 ;
    SET NUMWIDTH 20 ;
    SET VERIFY OFF;
    SET LONG 3000 ;
    Before this settings, i call to a SQL script of my own... the result of it should go till about 500 chars in linesize, to see the full line i should use scroll bar to the rigth, but its blocked, so i maximize window, the scroll bar is still blocked, the resize the window, and scroll works... Then i notice that only the first 200 chars of every line are shown.
    Click on Options/environement and check that linesize is set to 3000, it is... so i close the Environement window...
    I call again the same (or other) SQL script... and the linesize goes ok, the scroll up&down, left&rigth works... but if i call a SQL script again...
    SQL*Plus crash, and all i have is a log like the one i attach to this message.... PLEASE Could someone Help me???
    Actually i got other 2 different PCs (Portable PIII and Desktop PIV Mobile) running all this without problems.
    Last edited by japablo; 02-28-03 at 08:04.

Re: SQL*Plus.exe

OOOOPPPPSSSS i forgot the attachment... LOL
    Hi, I have try to install oracle 8i (8.1.7) and 9i (9.2.0) client on 3 different PCs (2 Dell, 1 Compaq)... In all of then i have tried Spanish W2000 Pro and WXP Pro, in the Compaq one, i have do a W2000 Pro English version... The installation runs OK... and when i start sqlplus.exe, i set my environement with this few commands stored in a txt file:
    SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 1000000 ;
    ALTER SESSION SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT = 'DD/MM/YYYY HH24:MIS' NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS = ",." ;
    ALTER SESSION SET NLS_SORT = BINARY;
    SET LINESIZE 3000 ;
    SET PAGESIZE 3000 ;
    SET NUMWIDTH 20 ;
    SET VERIFY OFF;
    SET LONG 3000 ;
    Before this settings, i call to a SQL script of my own... the result of it should go till about 500 chars in linesize, to see the full line i should use scroll bar to the rigth, but its blocked, so i maximize window, the scroll bar is still blocked, the resize the window, and scroll works... Then i notice that only the first 200 chars of every line are shown.
    Click on Options/environement and check that linesize is set to 3000, it is... so i close the Environement window...
    I call again the same (or other) SQL script... and the linesize goes ok, the scroll up&down, left&rigth works... but if i call a SQL script again...
    SQL*Plus crash, and all i have is a log like the one i attach to this message.... PLEASE Could someone Help me???
    Actually i got other 2 different PCs (Portable PIII and Desktop PIV Mobile) running all this without problems. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]
    Attached Files Attached Files

he did it!!!!

Hi ppl...

Well, my Mr.Miyaghi (SENSHEI)... have solve this trashi stuff just with a simple click (well, and 2 hits in 2 diff keys)... if anyone want to know... just post a reply...
    Ty. Mr. Miyaghi

You are saying - you run the SQL script first, then you setup the environment:

Before this settings, i call to a SQL script of my own... the result of it should go till about 500 chars in linesize, ...
    Do the opposite - first setup the LINESIZE then run the script, or you can add all these SET LINESIZE, etc. in your script.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa - OCP - DBA

Hi.
    Well the point is not as simple as u write... In this case i have to launch sql*plus (my sql script run), set linesize to 1000, close sql*plus before do nothing more... after this i am able to launch it without problems... The left to rigth scroll works..., the linesize (3000) set in my script works properly, and that all folks...

Any way thankyou very much Clio.