Unanswered: Where is JAVA Software

I have absolutely no knowledge of JAVA but I would like to find out if I have access to it in VISUAL BASIC Professional 6.0, Service Pack 5. Could it be Visual J++ 6.0? If it is, it is not ovbious to me how I install Visuall J++ from the SP 5 CD. (or if it was automatically installed, how do I get to it to begin learning JAVA?)

Thanks for helping out one who is clueless on this.

VB 6 is Visual BASIC.

You are looking for Visual J++, and I don't think it comes on the service pack update cd. You need to have the orginal Visual Studio disc and it is an option on there during install. I think you can update Visual studio with out having to reinstall everything.

There are looks of java tutorials on the web, just search google.

Smile

Thanks for that information. I am assuming, in looking for JAVA software, that I found the correct files on the original Visual Basic 6.0 CD, in \Common\Tools\VB\script, where the readme.txt file refers to installing msscript.ocx and the msscript.hlp file uses the terms "VBScript" and "JScript".

Jerry Dale

You better stay away from those ms J thingies if you want to do something with java, http://java.sun.com/ there you'll have everything you need.

yep a much better plan, and free too

Talking

Thanks for the tip. I'll get the "real" and affordable JAVA.

Jerry