Unanswered: Get user's group using vba

Dear members

I have an Access database that has user level access. I have created several groups and users belong to one or more group.

I want to determine the group/s that the logged in user belongs to so I can change the way the application reacts to the user's privileges. I have search the web far and wide for a vba solution but have yet to fine one. Any ideas?

mcarthyp

Re: Get user's group using vba

Suggest you have a look at the Access Developer's Handbook from Paul Litwin, Ken Getz and Mike Gilbert. Gives you a lot of insight in these kind of topics, included with numeruous code samples.
    Available for all Access versions, it is really more than worth the money if you dig in deep in Access development!

hth

I agree

...Just got a new copy to replace the dog-eared version at home. An excellent tome...

Dev Ashish's The Access Web has a few modules to return User and machine names which may help;

http://www.mvps.org/access/

Search this site, may have what you are looking for as it is an excellent resource.

GD
    Windows Server 2003-8 / Terminal Services / SQL 2000 / Access 2003 / Office 2003-7 / Exchange 2003-7 / Blackberry Enterprise Server / AutoCAD / Lambert And Butler / Red Bull

Re: Get user's group using vba

Thanks Marion. I am off to capital city (and all its bookshops) this week and will look out for the text.

Originally posted by marion
    Suggest you have a look at the Access Developer's Handbook from Paul Litwin, Ken Getz and Mike Gilbert. Gives you a lot of insight in these kind of topics, included with numeruous code samples.
    Available for all Access versions, it is really more than worth the money if you dig in deep in Access development!

hth