Hi,

I am having a big problem on Oracle 9i and I am out of ideas here...

I have an application (client on XP and Windows 2000) connecting to an Oracle 9i database (on Windows XP) via an ODBC connectiona dn we use the SERIALIZABLE isolation level. So far, I have tried the Oracle and Microsoft ODBC drivers by the way...

I insert a bunch of rows and afterwards, I select one of them but it's not found! The inserts and select are within the same transaction and the ODBC trace and our application tracer shows the insert statement for the concerned row was completed successfully. How can that possibly happen? All insert statements were ok and the selects fails to retrieve the row...

What is more scary is that we do not always have that error and we haven't found any pattern yet.

We also have the infamous "ORA-08177 can't serialize access for this transaction" error from time to time and changing the INITRANS parameter didn't help so far... More puzzling is the fact that we are testing all that with **ONE** connection to the database... And yes, we are sure it's one and only one connection, no other connection is made within the application...

Any hint/ideas/suggestions/hypothesis ?

Please, help!!!