Thread: .DB file

Red face Unanswered: .DB file

I have a file that ends with a .DB extension and I don't know how to view it. How do i figure out what program it belongs to?
    Do you have any ideas what program saves it's database files with a *.DB file extension?

Re: .DB file

Paradox uses .DB for it's file; can you open one in a text file and include a couple of 10's of binary bytes worth for comparison?

Originally posted by lamerdude
    I have a file that ends with a .DB extension and I don't know how to view it. How do i figure out what program it belongs to?
    Do you have any ideas what program saves it's database files with a *.DB file extension?

Re: .DB file

The .DB file is a Paradox file, it can be opened using the Borland Database Engine available for download from www.borland.com after you register with the site. The BDE Admin program will let you browse the file contents. If the .db is password protected - then you've really got a problem. If you don't know the originator of the .db then I wish you luck! With the BDE, if you are a programmer of some capability, you will be able to write an interface to the .DB and use it as a database table, or import it to another format (like .dbf) if you like.

-twy2k2

The ".DB" extension was also used by Sybase (SQL Anywhere).

Wink Re: .DB file

For work with .db (paradox) files I use the Database Workshop 5 - a powerful & universal database tool.
    You may download this program from Degisy Official web site:
    http://www.degisy.com/

Question DACEasy DOS 6.0 database interface

I am writing a VB / VC application to access DACEasy OE database
    this database is a *.db extension and it is a Btrieve type 5.10 / 6.1. I need to build a ODBC / ADO link to this database using VB /VC++.

I know I can do it using Pervasive drivers (I have pervasive 2000), some how thing are not not working fine it has it's *.ddf files and it's file extension is *.db NOT *.btr

Does any body has a sample code for this implementation.
    Thanks alot inadvance.

FrancisF
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have a Citizen watch download program that creates a DB file on my Windows PC. I was able to open it with MS Excell and see the columns in readable format OK, but not able to save it back in a DB format for my dive log program to use. The watch date was wrong when I downloaded and the year data is wrong. I tried downloading the Degisy program and it won't let me open the DB file as I can figure. Also I cannot find any reference to DBE Admin on the Borland site either. All I want to do is change the date on a few columns. I opened it with a Hex editor and I can read text in the file but not numeric data.

The file begins:

.........................k.......".......L...b[.&..k...k.............................. ..........m.=#.o.................................. .................................................. .b..kg..kj..ko..kt..kw..k...k...k...k...k...k...k. ..k...k...k...k...k...k...k...k...k...k!..k/..k;..kB..kP..kf..kt..k...k...k...k...k...k...kLOG .DB............................................... ......................................

Don, if your file is a true .DB (ie: Borland database) then if you would like: send me the file and I will see if I can view it in the DB viewer, and save it back out. If that can be done, then the mods you want can also be saved out.

-Terry