Unanswered: access keeps lossing odbc link why

currently i have a database that contains 3 odbc links and seemingly randomly losses the abiltity to connect to the links this has steadily become worse untill evey time you close down access it looses the ability to link no i was unable to fix this and so imported all tables and queries into a new db and this fixed the problem... for a while it now seems to be reoccuring does any one know why?

My boss thinks it a result of network errors but that doesn't seem right to me, as the error is cured temperarily by usnig the linked table manager to recreate the linking paramiters (of course access give the totaly useless error odbc call failed)
    Definition of a Beginner, Someone who doesn't know the rules.

Definition of an Expert, Someone who knows when to ignore the rules.

Re: access keeps lossing odbc link why

Originally posted by m.timoney
    currently i have a database that contains 3 odbc links and seemingly randomly losses the abiltity to connect to the links this has steadily become worse untill evey time you close down access it looses the ability to link no i was unable to fix this and so imported all tables and queries into a new db and this fixed the problem... for a while it now seems to be reoccuring does any one know why?

My boss thinks it a result of network errors but that doesn't seem right to me, as the error is cured temperarily by usnig the linked table manager to recreate the linking paramiters (of course access give the totaly useless error odbc call failed)
    The only time i have seen this and i have no explanation for this at all is when i linked more than one table at the same time. To get around it, I linked each table one at a time. It has not broken sence.....But i have no idea or reason why it does that.
    HTH
    Jim

might not be access after all, the software that the odbc links to went belly up in a major way today, the problems might have been the precursing signs of the failer
    Definition of a Beginner, Someone who doesn't know the rules.

Definition of an Expert, Someone who knows when to ignore the rules.