Thread: -952 error

Unanswered: -952 error

I'm trying to connect via ODBC(informix client SDK, Windows 2000) to Informix 6 Server(SUN Unix) and I'm getting the -952 error: user or password invalid, and I put the same user and password which I connect to to Server and use the Isql. I have made many things to solve this error but nothing has worked.
    -I have put the client host into host.equiv and .rhost files of the server.
    -I have created a user without password (to avoid the shadow passord problems).

Any idea?

Thank you!

I have the same prblem with 7.2 on AIX 4.3.3.

I think it's a problem with shadow passwords.

Originally posted by prae
    I have the same prblem with 7.2 on AIX 4.3.3.

I think it's a problem with shadow passwords.
    Can you solve the problem?
    I can't unshadow the passwords, I wold like antoher solution (if it's possible).

No, I'm afraid I don't have any other solution.
    I think the problem has been solved in IDS 9.4, but someone else should confirm.

Thanks, I 'll try to unshadow the password, but I m not the adminstrator of the Informix Server and he say it's not possible.
    Do you know what don't work the ODBC connection with a user without password?
    (When I connect to server via telnet whit the user without password the unix system ask for putting a password, it seams the unix system don't like users without password, I think it's the cause of the users without password don't work)