Unanswered: 2 questions.. DTS and job scripting

1st question. Is there any way to start a DTS package through a SQL job by using the DTS name? The only way I can run a DTS through a job is to schedule the DTS, go to the new job that was created, copy out the line of code that was produced (DTSRun /~S 0x4F0F69A91E...) and put this in my job.

2nd question. Is there a way to script out multiple SQL jobs at the same time? I can only seem to do one at a time. You can select multiple jobs, and then choose All Tasks, Generate SQL Script, but this only scripts the first job.

DTS Job

You can run a DTS package via a job using the dtsrun command. This is a DOS command which can be run via the xp_cmdshell stored procedure.

Scripting jobs

Whoops forgot to answer question 2...

If you right-click on the pane which displays the list of jobs in enterprise manager (but not on a specific job) you can script all the local jobs. You can then edit the script later to remove any of the jobs you don't want to include...

HTH,
    Katherine

Re: 2 questions.. DTS and job scripting

To run a DTS package using the name, try the /N switch:

Code:
    DTSRun /S MyServer /E /N "My DTS Package"

Originally posted by mclark8797
    1st question. Is there any way to start a DTS package through a SQL job by using the DTS name? The only way I can run a DTS through a job is to schedule the DTS, go to the new job that was created, copy out the line of code that was produced (DTSRun /~S 0x4F0F69A91E...) and put this in my job.

2nd question. Is there a way to script out multiple SQL jobs at the same time? I can only seem to do one at a time. You can select multiple jobs, and then choose All Tasks, Generate SQL Script, but this only scripts the first job.