Unanswered: Migrate from Ingres v.6.4.06

Hi,

We're helping a customer to migrate database from Ingres v.6.4.06 to DB2 UDB V8.1. As I have never used Ingres before, I would like to know some more details regarding this product. Please help give me some info :

1. Does Ingres v.6.4.06 support Triggers, Stored Procedures, User defined data types or User defined functions?

2. How to export Ingres data into flat text files?

3. Anyway to export the DDL of the Ingres database schema?

4. Any websites have the archive manuals of Ingres v.6.4.06?

5. Anybody have experience to migrate Ingres database, any special things need to aware?

Regards,

Patrick

1. Does Ingres v.6.4.06 support Triggers, Stored Procedures, User defined data types or User defined functions?
    It supports stored procedures and rules (rules may be considered to be triggers)

2. How to export Ingres data into flat text files?
    use the copy sql command

3. Anyway to export the DDL of the Ingres database schema?
    use the copydb command and change the copy.in script to remove the copy... from... statements and change the syntax to suit DB2

4. Any websites have the archive manuals of Ingres v.6.4.06?
    Don't know. I recommend using the customer's ingres manuals that they should have. At least their DBA should have them.

5. Anybody have experience to migrate Ingres database, any special things need to aware?
    Ingres allows blank dates and strings. This is an issue when moving to oracle, don't know about db2

Thanks for your info.

BTW, are there any tools available on the market which can help to migrate the Ingres ABF applications to Java JDBC application?