Arrow Unanswered: Help a beginer with mySQL+VB6

Please help me!
    I need some code to connect to a mySQL database with VB6!
    I olso need to:
    - add a new row
    - search the db for a condition
    - delete a row!
    Please add lots of comments so i can understand!
    Thank you!!

Well, there are a number of different ways that you can do this. Probably the easiest is to install either MyODBC or MyOleDB along with MySQL. Then you need to add the proper references to ADO in your VB project.

There are a number of different ways to proceed from here as well, whether you use the built in designers and controls for ADO or whether you do it programmatically. A good place to start would be to search the MSDN for ADO and go through the examples there. The good thing about ADO is that the technology is not dependant upon the database used meaning that code written using ADO to connect to Access should be the same as connecting to MySQL through MyODBC or MyOLEDB. There are some slight variations between databases depending upon which ADO functions they completely support but the basics should be very similar.

This should help you get started and if you have any more specific questions I'm sure that there would be people here more than happy to help. might help as well.