Unanswered: SGA Suggestion PLEASE HELP

We are having Oracle 8i running on Windows 2000 cluster box.The total memory size is 4 GB with 2 processor.But the Total SGA size is 425MB only.Is there a way to change it in 8i?Also does it improves the performance?
    PLEASE HELP

Re: SGA Suggestion PLEASE HELP

Yes there are ways to increase the size of the SGA in Oracle 8i. Infact, there are a multitude of ways to increase the size. Unfortunately, you will need to proivde much more information about your problem before anyone can be reasonably expected to provide more info.

How big are the existing components that comprise the SGA?
    (buffer pool, library cache, shared pool, java pool, etc)

What problems are you experiencing? (Increasing the SGA is not the solution to all problems)

What wait events are occuring the most on your database?

There are plenty more questions, so give us as much problem information as you can.

HTH,
    Patrick

Originally posted by sqlserver2k
    We are having Oracle 8i running on Windows 2000 cluster box.The total memory size is 4 GB with 2 processor.But the Total SGA size is 425MB only.Is there a way to change it in 8i?Also does it improves the performance?
    PLEASE HELP

Shared Pool: 256 MB
    Buffer Cache: 150 MB
    Large Pool : 0
    Java Pool:19 MB

Total : 425.302 MB
    Max concurrent user : 240
    Sort Area Size : 5 MB

The smaller reports just run fine but the larger reports are taking it forever as they kept running for the last 12 hours without any output.