Question Unanswered: High Performance Online Backup Large DB's

Question for any large database DBA’s?

Is there anyone out there willing to discuss their backup strategy / implementation / environment? I am specifically looking for people who are running very large SQL Server 2000 DB's (>250 GB) and backing up with the databases online. I am interested to learn the environment makeup (Hardware / Software) and general performance times. I have an OLTP database that is projected to be ˝ terabyte and am looking for backup solutions that will allow near 24/7 availability and decent transaction throughput during backup.

Jeremy

Re: High Performance Online Backup Large DB's

I've seen BCV splits using EMC's storage solutions work pretty well in 24/7 environments. Go here http://www.emc.com/pdf/products/edm/C799_wp.pdf for more details.

Richard

Originally posted by Jwadzin
    Question for any large database DBA’s?

Is there anyone out there willing to discuss their backup strategy / implementation / environment? I am specifically looking for people who are running very large SQL Server 2000 DB's (>250 GB) and backing up with the databases online. I am interested to learn the environment makeup (Hardware / Software) and general performance times. I have an OLTP database that is projected to be ˝ terabyte and am looking for backup solutions that will allow near 24/7 availability and decent transaction throughput during backup.

Jeremy