Question Unanswered: SMART files Migration

I'm searching for a way to migration old DOS based SMART files (databases) to a modern RDBMS system. Is there a way ????

If SMART is a database, I assume you can execute SQL statements?
    Isn't there an unload feature included to unloçad table in comma delimited files?
    Is ther a possibility to print to files?
    Once you have comma-delimited files, the job is easy...
    rws

Originally posted by Roelwe
    If SMART is a database, I assume you can execute SQL statements?
    Isn't there an unload feature included to unloçad table in comma delimited files?
    Is ther a possibility to print to files?
    Once you have comma-delimited files, the job is easy...
    Thanks for the reply....
    I´m looking for a way to migrate the stuff into a later version of the SMART files (which are just flat files, managed by a data management on DOS) or a Database and not have to re-program the user interface and the like....

If you have flat files I can show you how to migrate them to an informix RDBMS. Lots of tools are available to do so, but something tells me that's not what you're interested in...
    rws

Correct...
    The database comes with lots of user interfaces (forms) being generated from the flat files.
    I do not want to program a new application offering these oportunities. But they are needed and the PC the SMART system runs on now, will probably soon fade. Additionally the files still reside on DOS so they cannot really be transfered anywhere else, printers able to work with them get rarer and so on. I should really need a migration thing for them. It should be something like a later version of these file system stuff, to which all data and most of the functions can be transferred.