Arrow Unanswered: Estimating the log file size

Hi,

I have day to day transfers from one machine to another machine. I have some problems of estimating the log file size parameter in my DB2 database. How to estimate the log file size parameter of DB2? I don't wont just to make it too large because my disk space is limited.

Thanks,
    Grofaty

Re: Estimating the log file size

can you be more specific about the platform, DB2 software and version as well wether it's normal insert or delete/insert operation? Log file estimation depends a lot on the type of activity being perfromed.

dollar

Originally posted by grofaty
    Hi,

I have day to day transfers from one machine to another machine. I have some problems of estimating the log file size parameter in my DB2 database. How to estimate the log file size parameter of DB2? I don't wont just to make it too large because my disk space is limited.

Thanks,
    Grofaty

Plus Replication will mean even more logs , again depending on your replication definitions ...

Hi,

I transfer data from DB2 7.2 for VSE(S/390 hardware) to DB2 7.2 fixpack 8 for Suse Linux (S/390 hardware). Both databases are on the same S/390 hardware.

I use Warehouse Center product (part of DB2 on Win2000) to transfer data from one machine to another machine.

On target machine is also an index on three columns (uniq index - primary key on table).

I delete all records from table on target db and then transfer the whole table from source db to target db. Target table size is 172.887 records. Table size in bytes: 51.174.552 (= 51 MB).

Thanks,
    Grofaty

Originally posted by dollar489
    can you be more specific about the platform, DB2 software and version as well wether it's normal insert or delete/insert operation? Log file estimation depends a lot on the type of activity being perfromed.

dollar