Question Unanswered: Cannot access databases under other instances then the default DB2 instance

We have recently changed the OS on our DB2server from NT4 to W2000. And after that we restored the DB2 environment with three instances. The default DB2 instance an two other instances. Now I cannot access databases in the two other instances with a ODBC-connection. The user is an local user at the server machine and it works allright locally. But when I use this user to connect to the databases from my PC to the server this user is invalid and/or password is invalid. Before the installation of W2000 this was not a problem. I can access databases under the DB2 instance with a local user from my PC.
    Is there anyone that have a clue?

Re: Cannot access databases under other instances then the default DB2 instance

Originally posted by Lindack
    We have recently changed the OS on our DB2server from NT4 to W2000. And after that we restored the DB2 environment with three instances. The default DB2 instance an two other instances. Now I cannot access databases in the two other instances with a ODBC-connection. The user is an local user at the server machine and it works allright locally. But when I use this user to connect to the databases from my PC to the server this user is invalid and/or password is invalid. Before the installation of W2000 this was not a problem. I can access databases under the DB2 instance with a local user from my PC.
    Is there anyone that have a clue?

Can you send me the error that occurs when you try to connect???

Cheers,
    Naveen.

The error message I recive when I do a test connection from Client Config Assistant is:
    "The connection test failed.

[IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1403N The username and/or password supplied is incorrect. SQLSTATE=08004

For additional information, press the help button. Correct the problem described in the help message and retry."

The security options is set to: use the server's DBM config for auth and I have also tried to set the sec option to: Server auth. Nothing works for databases in other instances then default DB2-instance.

This problem occur with local users, if I use a domain user or if I have the local user on the server and creates the same user on my PC then it works allrigt.

//Lindack

Originally posted by urs_77
    Can you send me the error that occurs when you try to connect???

Cheers,
    Naveen.

See if your db2diag.log files say anything

Sathyaram