Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Unanswered: Printing current record on form as report format

Dear All

On my form I want to add a button that when clicked would print the current record on form in a report format not in form view format. So that I can choose which fields to print for that record.

How can I do it?

Thanks

Frm a command button...

DoCmd.OpenReport "john", acViewNormal, , "[PrimaryKey} = " & Me.PrimaryKey

Where PrimaryKey is your ID.
    J.

Smile Thank you very much

Johncameron

Thank you veyr much for your help. I have tried it and it worked just like the way I wanted. T

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi,

In relation to the same problem, I have entered the code as above in to a "print" button of my form but when I clicked on the button, why am I still being prompted to enter the Primary Key? Why can't it pick up the Primary Key of the record I am viewing?

Your comments appreciated.

There is a slight typo error in the code, try this;

Old
    "[PrimaryKey} = " & Me.PrimaryKey

New
    "[PrimaryKey] = " & Me.PrimaryKey

Hi Bill, thanks for the reminder. I corrected the typo error. I noticed that the report now does print the record that's being displayed. However, I still get a prompt to enter a primary key value. The funny thing is it does not matter what value that I enter but the record displayed will be printed. I could not identify what is prompting the input.

Does your command line look like this

DoCmd.OpenReport "YourReportName", acViewNormal, , "[YourPrimaryID] = " & Me.YourPrimaryID

Is your report based on a query. If yes, check your criteria for a parameter for something like this [ ]in the ID column. Remove this if its is there. This can cause the paremeter box to appear.

let me know how u go.
    Last edited by billjov; 10-12-03 at 22:21.

Hi Bill, I don't have any queries behind the report. The following is the code I have :-

DoCmd.OpenReport "DO", acPreview, , "[DOID]=" & Me.DO_ID

It beats me why do I have a different DOID and DO_ID. I am only using DOID for all my Primary Key field. The wierd thing is even when the prompt comes up, all I need to do is click on OK and the preview will come on correctly, even though I did not enter any value at all.

any chance of posting the DB. Im sure if u post it that someone will be able to solve your problem.

Hi Bill, thanks for the suggestion. I have attached the DB with this post. It should be an easy fix but I guess I am still too new with Access. I would appreciate all help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Im still learning too! but these forum should speed up knowledge. Dont feel shy to ask the most basic question. We are all here to help each other. I'd be lost with the support of DB fourms.

I dont suppose you can convert it 97 version.

Try to get the DB to a smaller size if u can by compacting.

Thanks for the kind words. I have converted the DB to a "prior" version. I didn't get to select Access97 anywhere. I also did the compacting but to my amazement the DB actually got bigger after that. I managed to zipped it up though...but it's still a meg of file.

here ya go. see if this is Ok

here ya go. see if this is Ok

Thanks Bill. It works the way I want it to but it will take me a while to absorb the changes.