Exclamation Unanswered: Oracle 8.1.70to8.1.76 - Problem in Delphi

I am working with Delphi 5, which uses the Borland Database Engine (BDE). We connect to Oracle through ODBC. Up until yesterday we've been using the Oracle ODBC Driver version 8.1.70 with no problems.
    I upgraded to version 8.1.76 and it gives me problems with Tables not being found when a Delphi TTable is used to access a table. Posting is done within an explicit transaction, but the 'RequestLive' property is set to True on almost all TTable objects.

If anyone knows any ODBC or BDE settings that would make this driver operate just like 8.1.70, please let me know!!!
    Thank you,

Desk, slightly south of keyboard

I can only suggest you try borland.public.delphi.sqlservers where you'll find lots of people still using the BDE with or without Oracle. They're probably more likely to have experienced the problem.

I'm sure you already know, but regardless of the BDE deprecated, I would highly recommend the DOA components for Oracle connectivity, or even NCOCI which is free.

Google for either should turn up a link.

I figured out the problem by reading the release notes of the Oracle ODBC driver update.
    Basically, if you need to make a case insensitive table reference in SQL, when using double quotes around the reference, you need to check the box in the ODBC settings dialog called 'Set Metadata Id Default to SQL_TRUE.'

This has to do with the SQL_ATTR_METADATA_ID attribute support in updated versions of the Oracle ODBC driver.

That wasn't too hard...