Unanswered: Sending Email Within DTS

Hello All SQL Experts.

I would like to send an email (from my DTS) to users if the value in one of the SQL 7 tables is more than 0. For example:-

if (select count(*) from TableName where Condition_1<>'ABC') > 0

then action send email........

Can the above be done? If not or if you have better solutions or suggestions, please advise.

If this has been answered previously, kindly provide me the link to that message.

Assuming all the email profile has already been set up.

Thank you All.

Best regards
    Teck Boon

Re: Sending Email Within DTS

hi, one way to do this is to use OLE Automation and a network smtp server. save all you need to send any email into a stored proc and call it whenever you need. i attach an example proc i picked up somewhere...

Originally posted by limteckboon
    Hello All SQL Experts.

I would like to send an email (from my DTS) to users if the value in one of the SQL 7 tables is more than 0. For example:-

if (select count(*) from TableName where Condition_1<>'ABC') > 0

then action send email........

Can the above be done? If not or if you have better solutions or suggestions, please advise.

If this has been answered previously, kindly provide me the link to that message.

Assuming all the email profile has already been set up.

Thank you All.

Best regards
    Teck Boon
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Sending Email Within DTS

Originally posted by msieben
    hi, one way to do this is to use OLE Automation and a network smtp server. save all you need to send any email into a stored proc and call it whenever you need. i attach an example proc i picked up somewhere...
    Hello MSIEBEN.

Thank you for your advise. I will need to read up your codes to understand them before I could take action.

I notice the description mentioned Windows 2000. Not sure if it works on NT4.

Best regards
    Teck Boon