Unanswered: Using ".Value" or not?

Hi,

I want to set the values of my controls on my form to a specific value.
    Both of the below methods work but I can't figure out the difference:

Me!ContactID = Forms!frmContactPerson!ContactID
    Me!CompAdrsID = Me!CompAdrsList

or

Me!ContactID.Value = Forms!frmContactPerson!ContactID
    Me!CompAdrsID .Value= Me!CompAdrsList

In addition I can't figure out the difference of using Me!Control and Me.Control?

Thanks

Me!CompAdrsID and Me!ContactID.Value are the same thing because access is defaulting to the .value command.

The difference between '.' and '!' is that (and everyone please feel free to correct me here..) the '.' was used in earlier versions and now anything that you name (i.e. a form or control etc) should have a '!' between but it still accepts a '.'
    J.

Originally posted by johncameron
    Me!CompAdrsID and Me!ContactID.Value are the same thing because access is defaulting to the .value command.

The difference between '.' and '!' is that (and everyone please feel free to correct me here..) the '.' was used in earlier versions and now anything that you name (i.e. a form or control etc) should have a '!' between but it still accepts a '.'
    Close but... .Value is the default property of the item you are referencing so you do not need to specify it.

The difference between '.' and '!' is tricky. '.' typically refers to items that are native to Access such as properties (value, backcolor, recordsource, etc.) while '!' typically refers to items created by a user such as the field ContactID.