Unhappy Unanswered: Duplicate records

ok...I am building a form, the form will update my table. Some items will be sent in cases. Cases equal 12 items. These 12 items will have the same Purchase order number. How can I get my form to add 12 records?

There's really not enough information given here to allow us to advise in any helpful way. Please give us more information about your table structures. And, do the cases and the items in them have unique identifiers (such as case or product numbers) that you are going to store? Or do you just need to store how many cases or items for each purchase order? Can a purchase order have cases of different types and how are you storing that information? What I'm trying to get here is if you have related tables, and if so, what the relationships are between them.

Originally posted by Maia
    There's really not enough information given here to allow us to advise in any helpful way. Please give us more information about your table structures. And, do the cases and the items in them have unique identifiers (such as case or product numbers) that you are going to store? Or do you just need to store how many cases or items for each purchase order? Can a purchase order have cases of different types and how are you storing that information? What I'm trying to get here is if you have related tables, and if so, what the relationships are between them.

Ususally on a purchase order all the items are the same. What I am trying to do is when the items come in, is to have a way for the guys in the warehouse to put them directly into the database via a form. All items have different serial numbers, but have the same PO number. I would like to have a record for each item in the case...make 12 records.

It sounds as though you need 2 related tables: one to store the Puchase Order Information, and the other to store the 12 related items with their serial numbers. There would be a one to many relationship between them, and you would need a field that relates them: the Purchase Order number would be the most obvious. Good luck and have fun with it!