Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unanswered: SendObject creates an email with no signature

Hello everybody.

I'm developing an access project and in some point I need to create a new email message. I've tried with SendObject method but it creates a new message without your signature at the bottom. Anyone knows a solution for that?

I've been trying to do that using outlook automation, but then I get this warning messages like "A program is trying to access..." related to security issues, and it seems to be not possible to disable them programatically...

Thanks for any replay.

Re: SendObject creates an email with no signature

Originally posted by xavib
    Hello everybody.

I'm developing an access project and in some point I need to create a new email message. I've tried with SendObject method but it creates a new message without your signature at the bottom. Anyone knows a solution for that?

I've been trying to do that using outlook automation, but then I get this warning messages like "A program is trying to access..." related to security issues, and it seems to be not possible to disable them programatically...

Thanks for any replay.
    Is it possible to for you to show me the code you are using. I might be able to mod it appropriately ...

Cheers
    Mona
    Mona

Hi, this is the code using the object. I get this warning about "A program is trying to access...":

Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application
    Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem
    Dim objOutlookRecip As Outlook.Recipient

Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.application")
    Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem)

With objOutlookMsg
    Set objOutlookRecip = .Recipients.Add(ps_email)
    .Display
    End With

Set objOutlook = Nothing

And this is the one for the SendObject, simple...:

DoCmd.SendObject , , , mailaddress

Thanks a lot!!!!

Originally posted by mona
    Is it possible to for you to show me the code you are using. I might be able to mod it appropriately ...

Cheers
    Mona

Hi, this is the code using the object. I get this warning about "A program is trying to access...":

Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application
    Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem
    Dim objOutlookRecip As Outlook.Recipient

Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.application")
    Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem)

With objOutlookMsg
    Set objOutlookRecip = .Recipients.Add(ps_email)
    .Display
    End With

Set objOutlook = Nothing

And this is the one for the SendObject, simple...:

DoCmd.SendObject , , , mailaddress

Thanks a lot!!!!

Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you I have been away from the office.

Why do you have the line .display as well as send object.

This will attempt to open the application twice. That is why you are getting an error.

Did you want to open the email and let the user edit it. If so, get rid of the send object. Else, if you simply want to send the email once it has been opened (that is the .display), use .Send after the .display line.

Hope that this is of some help.

Cheers
    Mona

No, I tried with one piece of code OR the other, but not both at the same time...

With the first part I get the popup. With the SendObject I get a message without signature...

Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you I have been away from the office.

Why do you have the line .display as well as send object.

This will attempt to open the application twice. That is why you are getting an error.

Did you want to open the email and let the user edit it. If so, get rid of the send object. Else, if you simply want to send the email once it has been opened (that is the .display), use .Send after the .display line.

Hope that this is of some help.

Cheers

No, I tried with one piece of code OR the other, but not both at the same time...

With the first part I get the popup. With the SendObject I get a message without signature...

Instead of using .Display which gives you a popup, try a .Send

This should send the email with an autosignature.

Hope this works
    Mona

But this will send the email, isn't it? Users need to type the message... I mean, the goal is just to open a new message where users type the text of the message or attach a file o whatever...

Instead of using .Display which gives you a popup, try a .Send

This should send the email with an autosignature.

Hope this works

Hello everybody.

Thanks for any replay.
    the message box is a secuirity feature in outlook XP and can't be disabled it's supposed to stop email viruses as you cant send an email using outlook automation without user permission and i can't find any way to turn is off, Microsoft have decided they're going to protect you whether you like it or not and peronaly,i don't simalar to the feature that stops you from sending or reciving .mdb, .lnk or a host of other usefull file types without zipping or changing the extension, Note i haven't seen this feature in 2000 or 97 but that don't mean it ain't there, so you've got two choices
    1 carry on as is without sig
    2 use outlook automation and answer yes to the box
    Last edited by m.timoney; 03-24-03 at 10:58.
    Definition of a Beginner, Someone who doesn't know the rules.

Definition of an Expert, Someone who knows when to ignore the rules.

i'm assuming you mean the following message box
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.gif  

sorry wrong box
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.gif  

yes, well, XP look and all...

Well, many thanks to everbody...

Originally posted by m.timoney
    sorry wrong box

yes, well, XP look and all...

Well, many thanks to everbody...
    This is totally out of the blue kinda a question. Is this related to a particular release of XP.

I have deployed a db that accesses outlook to send and email and don't get this.

Is there something that I may have done during install (given that XP install interface is soooooo beautiful) that has disabled this. Or am I not running high enough security?

Should I be turning this setting on, if there is one???

I am somewhat concerned that I am not getting this dialog box.
    Mona

I think it's something related to the last SP for Outlook 2002

You can find info here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/xp/four/outg00.htm

There is info about how customize security, but I couldn't make it work....

This is totally out of the blue kinda a question. Is this related to a particular release of XP.

I have deployed a db that accesses outlook to send and email and don't get this.

Is there something that I may have done during install (given that XP install interface is soooooo beautiful) that has disabled this. Or am I not running high enough security?

Should I be turning this setting on, if there is one???

I am somewhat concerned that I am not getting this dialog box.

I've been pulling my hair out since we moved to Office XP... many of my 97/2k databases use automated email extensively, and now it's a mess.

In one instance, a batch loops through a list of cost reports and generates the data for each recipient; I've used both the Outlook object model and SendObject to distribute RTF attachments to a list of thirty or so recipients. At one point, you'd get a different warning depending on whether you used an explicit email address or a partial address that required the process to 'touch' the users contacts list in Outlook (to correct a partial name, for example); now, I'd give anything to be able to elicit the second dialog m.timoney pasted here, that at least allows the user to choose to permit the application (Access) to continue using Outlook for x number of minutes. I don't know what patch might have caused it, but no matter how I write it I only get the first dialog. My poor user has to sit there and wait through the terminal pauses and then clock to allow each email to go through. And many times the warning message does not actively appear, so users get really confused.

This, and the obscene things Microsoft did to the Mail Merge process in Office XP, have almost won me over to the GatesHater club. But I'll give them a few months to FIX IT in the next service pack.

charwoman

Unfortunately I have changed computers, but on the last computer I had downloaded a free program to get around Outlooks security. Have a search on google for outlook XP security and see what hits you get.

With this turned on I could send email to my hearts content no messages, no nothing.