Angry Unanswered: Receiving DB21061E when launching DB2 Command Window

Hello,

I receive a DB21061E: Could not initialize command line environment when I try running a DB2 command from a DB2 Command Window.

I launch a DB2 Command Window from DB2 but it seems to behave as though its a regular DOSPrompt.

DB2 seems to be installed successfully. I can access data and run DB2 Commands in the Command Center.

Operating System: Windows ME
    DB2 Version: 7.1

Thanks in advance for any help,

Sewellyd

Re: Receiving DB21061E when launching DB2 Command Window

type db2cmd on the command window, this will put you into the db2 environment.

dollar

Originally posted by sewellyd
    Hello,

I receive a DB21061E: Could not initialize command line environment when I try running a DB2 command from a DB2 Command Window.

I launch a DB2 Command Window from DB2 but it seems to behave as though its a regular DOSPrompt.

DB2 seems to be installed successfully. I can access data and run DB2 Commands in the Command Center.

Operating System: Windows ME
    DB2 Version: 7.1

Thanks in advance for any help,

Sewellyd

DB21061E - Still a problem

Thanks for the response.

But, that is exactly my problem.

I kickoff a DB2 Command Window and it will not let me run DB2 Commands. Whether I open a Dos Window and type in DB2CMD or launch from the Start->IBM DB2->CommandWindow the problem still exists.

Once the window appears I can type in DB2 and I will receive the DB21061E Error. No DB2 commands can be issued from this window.

Sewellyd

Hi
    The error whatever you have mentioned could appear when u try to run a db2 command on the dos prompt (which is not the case in ur scenario).
    Instead of just running db2cmd
    try this
    type

db2cmd.exe db2clp.bat

Now try running the application

Confirm if it works

Regards.

C.Gajendran

Angry DB21061E Error

Thanks for the suggestion. But no dice.

However, I reinstalled DB2 and before I restarted my machine after installation, I was able to access the DB2 CLP. Once I restarted, some initialization files must have been updated and now I am no longer able to access the DB2 CLP.

Now to figure out what has been updated.

Sewellyd

Schau mal unter http://www.uni-kassel.de/hrz/manuals...2m0/db2db2.htm

==================================
    DB21061E Die Befehlszeilenumgebung wurde nicht initialisiert.

Ursache: Es wurde versucht, den Befehlszeilenprozessor über ein Befehlsfenster zu starten, das nicht über das Programm db2cmd.exe gestartet wurde.

Aktion: DB2CMD eingeben, um ein Befehlsfenster zu starten, für das die Umgebung des Befehlszeilenprozessors initialisiert ist.

==================================
    Ich hab's ausprobiert:
    db2cmd öffnet eine Shell, IN DER dann der Aufruf db2 NICHT zu dem Fehler führt.
    Leider ist dies dem Prompt nicht anzusehen.
    Ich finde das ziemlich dämlich!

Bye, 815