Question Unanswered: FoxPro 2.5 linkes to Access 2000 problem

I'm attempting to link a collection of FoxPro 2.5 tables into Access 2K using vfpodbc.dll 12/07/1999. After configuring the DSN (free tables and the proper path), when attempting to import or link using Access, I receive 'ODBC CALL FAILED {MICROSOFT][ODBC VISUAL FOX PRO DRIVER] FUNCTION SEQUENCE ERROR (#0)'.

Does anyone have any ideas?

FWIW, I'm a SQLServer/Oracle designer who has never seen FoxPro before; I was sent this collection of FoxPro 2.5 tables on a CD.

Thanks!

Allan C Hanna
    Chicago IL

I am working on similar right now... it appears to me that the problem is Access based. I have lots of ODBC connections w/ Crystal to FoxPro... no problem.

However, I can't seem to get ODBC Fox into Access...

I would prefer not to use Access but I am trying a quick link to a pre built system that must be updated.

Try reestablishing your "ODBC".. use the right driver.. call it a system DSN... etc. It should make its way through.

The problem turned out to be one dbf in the collection that wasn't a valid table. It works fine now.

Originally posted by Landis
    I am working on similar right now... it appears to me that the problem is Access based. I have lots of ODBC connections w/ Crystal to FoxPro... no problem.

However, I can't seem to get ODBC Fox into Access...

I would prefer not to use Access but I am trying a quick link to a pre built system that must be updated.

Try reestablishing your "ODBC".. use the right driver.. call it a system DSN... etc. It should make its way through.