Unanswered: Scheduling db2 Backup

Hi All ,
    I need to backup DB2 UDB v7.2 database in Windows 2000 on Bi-Monthly basis.

BACKUP DATABASE databasename ONLINE TO C:\\DBBackUp-Mar17 WITH 2 BUFFERS BUFFER 1024

I've given the above command in a script and tried to schedule the backup, with the option selected as
    1. One or More times a month
    2. given the start date and time, End Date.

Now i have a doubt whether the backup schedule will take the backup appending in the mentioned folder ?

Can anybody tell me the best way to do backup scheduling?
    how to automate this process?

I will be extremely happy if anyone could give me a solution/hint/URL asap.

Thanks in advance
    Babitha.S

Re: Scheduling db2 Backup

Hi

The script whatever you have given is okay. But to check whether the scheduling is okay you need to check the Jobs. Since u are using the windows 2000 server, you can go to Tools > Journal and check for pending jobs. You will have a job which is enabled (YES). Rather than what you have given as schedule you can give as every 15 days. All you have to do is just right click on the Job and say reschedule that will do so that you can rest assured that it will happen every 15 days rather than a more ambiguous twice a month

Hope this helps

Regards

C.Gajendran

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.

If i do so, will the backup created will be done for the two different dates.

For Ex: i've given the folder name as C:\DB2Backup
    The BackUp created on 1/03 under this folder C:\DB2Backup will create another folder with the date stamp 20030301.

But for the second back up in the month, will it create another folder with the date stamp 20030315?

Pls clarify

Regards,
    Babitha

Originally posted by cgajendran
    Hi

The script whatever you have given is okay. But to check whether the scheduling is okay you need to check the Jobs. Since u are using the windows 2000 server, you can go to Tools > Journal and check for pending jobs. You will have a job which is enabled (YES). Rather than what you have given as schedule you can give as every 15 days. All you have to do is just right click on the Job and say reschedule that will do so that you can rest assured that it will happen every 15 days rather than a more ambiguous twice a month

Hope this helps

Regards

C.Gajendran

Hi
    The backup will be created in separate folders if they are different dates.
    ie. it will create a new folder whose name will be the Date and the Backup image will carry the timestamp on it

If the backups are on the same Day then it will add one more image on to the same folder..

Say for eg. you have schedule backups on 15thmarch2003 and 20th march 2003 then you will have two folders

yourdb.0\DB2\NODE0000\CATN0000\20030315\190000.001
    \20030320\190000.001

the last part is the timestamp which will be the name of the backup image

Hope this helps

Try yourself to be more clear

Regards

C.Gajendran

Thanks for your immediate reply.

I'm trying it out.

Regards,
    Babitha

Originally posted by cgajendran
    Hi
    The backup will be created in separate folders if they are different dates.
    ie. it will create a new folder whose name will be the Date and the Backup image will carry the timestamp on it

If the backups are on the same Day then it will add one more image on to the same folder..

Say for eg. you have schedule backups on 15thmarch2003 and 20th march 2003 then you will have two folders

yourdb.0\DB2\NODE0000\CATN0000\20030315\190000.001
    \20030320\190000.001

the last part is the timestamp which will be the name of the backup image

Hope this helps

Try yourself to be more clear

Regards

C.Gajendran

Schedual backup job By DB2 CC

In fact, you don't need any shell to schedual jobs like "db2 backup".
    you can do it in DB2 Control Center.
    In Db2 CC, you can shedual the backup job so easy.
    Why not try it?
    Good you luck

dazhui@cmmail.com

Hai,
    The only thing u have to do is use the control center.
    In the control center expand till u find the exact databas eu need to scheduke the backup.Right click the database > Backup >Database...

In this specify where u need to keep the backup.Then click the Schedule button there.Select the dates u need to the backups,provide the start date and time,the account information that provides conducts the backup.Click ok.

Check the Journal to see whether the job u set is in the pending list.

All the backups will be created within the folder u specified and will be in different folders with names of the date the backup happened.

Regards,
    Micky

Hai,
    The only thing u have to do is use the control center.
    In the control center expand till u find the exact databas eu need to scheduke the backup.Right click the database > Backup >Database...

In this specify where u need to keep the backup.Then click the Schedule button there.Select the dates u need to the backups,provide the start date and time,the account information that provides conducts the backup.Click ok.

Check the Journal to see whether the job u set is in the pending list.

All the backups will be created within the folder u specified and will be in different folders with names of the date the backup happened.

Regards,
    Micky